If you’re an online entrepreneur or businessman who has often pondered whether Google Ads or SEO is the best way to grow your business and broaden your online visibility, you’re not alone. Many companies don’t know what strategy can provide the best results when planning their marketing projects.
In this blog post, we’ll examine the pros and cons of SEO and Google ads and discuss how they work to help you choose which strategy will be effective for your business.
What is Google Ads and How Does It Work?
Google Ads, formerly Google Adwords, is an advertising platform marketers use to place their advertisements in Google products, Google Search Results Pages (SERPs), and thousands of websites in the AdWords program as publishers. It’s a pay-per-click (PPC) platform that helps marketers reach interested leads. PPC ads generally appear in search ads, local services ads, Google shopping ads, and display ads. You may visit the link of digital agencies specializing in display ads to see how it can benefit your business.
The PPC system makes Google Ads more affordable than conventional advertising approaches like newspaper ads, television, and radio, as you only pay when users click your ad. The whole Google Ads system works like a big auction where marketers compete for available advertising places and bid for keywords they want to use for their ads.
If you want to utilize Google Ads to your advantage and its full potential, you may work with an advertising agency that offers search engine marketing.
- Lets you set hours you want to show specific keywords or phrases.
- Get shown in the top 5 website results or the top of the first page
- Creates custom remarketing lists to show display ads to.
- Lets you track leads and conversions.
- Drives consumers to a specific landing page.
- May take time to get the best keywords to use.
- Can be expensive over time compared to SEO.
- Not a long-term option.
- Only uses 1 website or domain per account.
What is SEO and How Does It Work?
SEO, or Search Engine Optimization, includes optimizing site conversions and increasing a website’s visibility to search engines and its users through high-quality content. This works best for people who want to bring in a consistent, steady flow of traffic over time to increase their brand awareness.
To achieve this, it is essential to ensure your website is search engine friendly, fully responsive on various screen sizes, functional, fast, and has unique content that provides a comfortable experience to end users. Investing in SEO can be profitable if you are a marketer with plenty of time and is willing to play the long game. Hiring a professional SEO company in Baton Rouge can help your business grow even more and give you an advantage over your competitors.
- No need to spend for clicks.
- Provides organic traffic, leading to lower abandonment rates.
- Google and search engines favor optimized websites.
- It’s an effective long-term option for higher Google ranking.
- May take three to six months of work to see improvements in ranking.
- Requires time and long-term investment.
- You may not often see immediate returns or results, unlike Google Ads.
- Ongoing efforts are needed to maintain higher rankings.
With the details we’ve provided, you may see that Google Ads and SEO differ quite a bit and offer various benefits for specific types of campaigns. These marketing techniques are not competitors but powerful tools you can utilize in your digital marketing arsenal. Google Ads might look promising if you want fast traffic. However, you will need SEO for sustainable and long-term online success.